Boot for paraglider- and hangglider pilots.
Hanwag SKY GTX is a surprisingly lightweight boot for paraglider- and hangglider pilots. With its high upper and outstanding cushioning Vibram® Mars sole, the SKY GTX ensures high levels of security and protection against twisting an ankle during take-offs and landings. The sure-grip tread provides good traction on different types of terrain. And the turf cleats and waterproof GORE-TEX lining mean that wet, grassy mountain terrain is no problem either. In addition, the membrane helps prevent your toes from getting damp and cold at higher altitudes on longer flights.
Overview of the Hanwag SKY GTX's most important features
- Great cushioning and comfort, breathable, and durably waterproof
- Eyelet lacing (no line tangling)
- Click-Clamp: Special jamming eyelets allow a 2-zone lacing; the boot can be laced independently on the fore- and midfoot and around the ankle and shinbone
- Built-in ankle support
- Surprisingly lightweight, comfortable, and flexing
- Additional insulation integrated in the shaft and the sole unit
- Upper with 2 wrinkles for good flex
- Sole: Vibram® Mars
- Upper: Sportvelours/Air-Mesh
- Lining: Gore-Tex®
Weight (size 9): 615 g