Order number: HKar14
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-2 workdays
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Speed pedal separation system.
With the Finsterwalder PATENT SHACKLE SEPARATION SYSTEM a ring is looped in instead of the brummel hook on the speed system of the paraglider. The speed pedal is attached to this ring by means of the patent shackle. The PATENT shackle separation system should not be operated with the speed pedal under tension, otherwise the patent shackle will be damaged.
Weight: 70 g/pair
Scope of delivery:
- 2x ring to loop in instead of the brummel hooks
- 2x patent shackle with release line
- Assembly instructions
Info speed pedal separation systems
A speed pedal separation system is required to allow a complete separation from the paraglider after an emergency parachute opening. The speed pedal separation system works automatically after opening the carabiner.
For the following reasons, even less experienced pilots are generally recommended to separate the paraglider after an emergency parachute deployment:
- Modern rescue systems are designed to drift sideways and thus generate dynamic lift. In the certification procedure, the sink rate is determined without the main glider. If the paraglider is not separated, it prevents the drift, leading to an increased sink rate.
- The possibility to choose the landing site with a steerable rescue system is a significant safety plus. If the main glider is not separated, the safety advantage to steer the rescue system is foregone.
- Interactions between the paraglider and the rescue system can cause the danger of increased swaying or a higher sink rate due to scissoring.
- It has shown that a separated paraglider usually collapses very quickly and that its salvage is easier. In the case of a tree landing, there is also a much lower risk of damage to the paraglider when it does not carry the full pilot weight.